Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why not me?

I frequently ask, why not me? I watch people dying and in the last days of their lives for a living. These people and I connect. Their families and I connect, and I end up with stories about my patients that only push me further into a lack of understanding of my own existence and yet still put a smile on my face as I hear about others lives and how blessed they are. My life in comparison to those I am lucky enough to be a part of is wasted. Oh well, keep moving forward I guess. I am lucky to witness and be a part of others lives and deaths.

2 comments:

  1. Weird.... The guy in the background of this picture died recently, and unexpectedly. He was a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird.... The guy in the background of this picture died recently, and unexpectedly. He was a good man.

    ReplyDelete