Sunday, January 26, 2014

Direction

In considering a direction for my individual self as I understand it, I must consider evolution and what evolution favors. The reason I say this is because I believe if humans can identify what evolution favors, we have the best chance of survival as a species... However, remember "we" is only our simple understanding of the definition of the word "we". Again, I am not a smart man, but a thinker I am, and thinking is what I write. My understanding of evolution is it (as a whole) favors a species that utilizes less energy in order to foster more life and continual growth of physical life as we know it. My thoughts relate directly to energy. The utilization, and consumption of energy specifically. The planet we call home(physically) is an awe inspiring teacher in regards to physical survival. Trees teach us to build more lightweight reinforcing structures. Plants teach us how to synthesize sunlight and turn it into usable energy. This list can go on and on.  These natural things in our world have been here far longer than humans, and they are all teaching us how to survive on this planet.  What I am trying to get at here is beyond just a simple conversation about how we "need" to do certain things to sustain life as we understand it. I agree whole heartedly, we, as a species, have utilized and consumed more energy than was necessary in order to satisfy desires not of this planet, i.e.: televisions, computers, electronics, industry, greed, individuality, sadness, etc. etc. etc. All of these things arose out of consciousness and desire. They are all created by something we barely understand ourselves; individual conscious ability.  When I began to look at things from this perspective I reached a "fork in the road".  If I am to continue my life in a direction that I believe is proper, first I must know what proper is defined by, then I must consider my individual self as it is understood, then I must learn which direction would be most beneficial to our species.  There is one thing I left out, consciousness.  I am hypothesizing that our consciousness is not of this planet, but is from something we cannot yet understand.  I am including in this hypothesis the idea that consciousness is also evolving, however exponentially when compared to other species of this planet.  We are rapidly growing with information and the increase continues to increase daily.  The world wide web has become an extension of our consciousness.  As our conscious ability thrives on the web, our physical aspects remain stagnant, requiring increased energy.  Our bodies are dying, and our minds are expanding.  If you study the collapse of different societies you will see that they most typically statistically fail due to overconsumption of available natural resources.  What amazes me when I think about all of this is the fact that our consciousness almost seems to be transferring into the web, and our bodies are merely the vehicles consciousness currently uses.  My final question that I cannot help but ask, is consciousness bad, or is consciousness all we have as a species?  I believe all living things have a conscious, ours however seem to be focused on individuality, which has already proven to lead to overconsumption of available resources in past societies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment